See all of my contest posts: click here!
Visit my Drawing For Kids Store for my top picks of art supplies for kids.
It’s now October and I’d like to add a new contest update since I didn’t get a chance to post one in September. I’ve found some new and interesting art contests to include this month.
I think encouraging our kids to draw, paint, and create is so important. My goal is to help parents find ways to validate their children’s efforts and let their fantastic artwork be appreciated by others.
I do my best to scour the web for top notch art contests that I feel are worth the entry and do not charge any entry fees.
The Space Foundation 2014 International Student Art Contest
Sponsored by The Space Foundation. Information from their website:
Each year, the Space Foundation invites students to enter our International Student Art Contest.
The 2014 contest theme, “My Spaceship Looks Like…,” challenges students to design their own spaceship – and then interpret that idea into an original work of visual art.
The 2014 Space Foundation International Student Art Contest is open to students around the world in eight age categories. Limit of one (1) entry per student. Each student may submit one original artwork in any of the acceptable media/formats.
- 3-4 years, 5-6 years, 7-8 years, 9-10 years, 11-12 years, 13-14 years, 15-16 years, 17-18 years
- Drawing, Painting, Mixed Media, Digital Art
Although we don’t have any specific size requirements since submission is digital, the ideal size for entries should be no smaller than 11” x 17” and no larger than 18”x 24”.
The contest is free to enter. Public, private and homeschool students are eligible from all nations. A teacher/instructor/homeschool teacher must submit artwork on behalf of their student. The Space Foundation maintains ownership of the digital artwork and the right to use the digital images of the artwork for display and promotion.
Deadline for entries is November 15, 2013 by noon universal time (12:00 UTC).
Winners will be notified no later than January 15, 2014.
For more information please visit: The Space Foundation 2014 International Student Art Contest.
Wildlife Forever 2014 State-Fish Art Contest
Sponsored by Wildlife Forever. Information from their website:
The STATE-FISH ART Contest is open worldwide to all children in grades K -12 in any public, private or home-school, any youth group, after-school program, youth camp, scout troop, art class, etc., or just an individual kid that wants to enter!
Essentially any child of K-12 age is eligible as long as a responsible adult reads, agrees to and signs their entry form. Only one entry per child will be accepted.
- All artwork must be the student’s ORIGINAL, hand-done creation. Photographs and computer-generated artwork will not be accepted.
- All artwork must be horizontal, 9″x12″ without a mat, frame or border. Almost any art medium is allowed. Check the Rules & Guidelines for a partial list.
- Artwork must not exceed 1/4 inch in total thickness.
- No lettering, signatures, or initials may appear on the front of the design. Any artwork with such identifying characteristics will be disqualified and eliminated from the competition.
- Use a CLEAR GLUE STICK to affix your completed entry form to the back of the artwork.PLEASE … DO NOT STAPLE, PAPER CLIP OR TAPE….it damages the artwork!
- It should be no longer than one side of one page
- It should be in the student’s own words and relate specifically to their chosen state-fish, its habitat, behavior, or efforts to conserve it.
- We are looking for a personal understanding or connection to their State-Fish…not information just copied or cut & pasted from their research reference.
- The essay must include the student’s name, grade and state on the back.
- Submit the essay with the artwork but PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH IT as it is judged separately. We will match the two up … Thank you!
Deadline for entries is March 31, 2014.
For more information please visit: 2014 State-Fish Art Contest.
The Radiant Peace Education Awards
Sponsored by The Radiant Peace Foundation. Information from their website:
Fall 2013 (The Twenty-third Annual)
All students in grades 1-8 — from public and private schools, home schools, youth and after-school groups, and abroad — are welcome to enter the Fall 2013 national program of The Radiant Peace Education Awards®! The Radiant Peace Education Awards program gives students an opportunity to express themselves about Radiant Peace in their lives.
This year’s entries must be postmarked by December 11, with winners being announced in January 2014. All participants receive beautiful iron-on Radiant Peace Patches, and outstanding entries will also receive certificates and cash awards! Winner’s classrooms will also receive cash awards. In addition, many of the most creative or exceptional entries will be displayed in The International Museum of Radiant Peace.
Printable information is available here in PDF format: the complete packet of information (4 pages), which includes the contest guidelines, permission form and entry checklist; and the permission form and checklist only for submitting entries (2 pages). If you have any questions or need copies faxed or mailed, please contact the Foundation office.
The next program will be offered with an April 2014 postmark deadline. Materials will be posted online by January. If you are not already on the mailing list, please contact the Foundation office to ensure that you receive an announcement.
Deadline for entries is postmarked by December 11, 2013.
For more information please visit: The Radiant Peace Education Awards.
23rd International Children’s Painting Competition
Sponsored by The United Nations Regional Information Centre for Western Europe. Information from their website:
|Deadline is 15 March 2014
||Visit the website|
|The International Children’s Painting Competition on the Environment is organized every year by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the Japan-based Foundation for Global Peace and Environment (FGPE), Bayer and Nikon Corporation. It has been held since 1991 and has received more than 3 million entries from children in over 150 countries.Theme: Food WasteSubthemes: Save the Planet–Save Food, Wasting Food is Wasting the Planet
The organizers are inviting children all over the world to submit their paintings to the UNEP office in their regions.
Deadline for entries is March 15, 2014.
For more information please visit: 23rd International Children’s Painting Competition.
Please comment below if your children enter any of these contests. I’d love to hear about it!